Popsicle stick crafts are becoming more and more popular. Why not try our popsicle stick pirate puzzle. The templates and instructions are free to download and you can have hours of fun with your kids. Make them puzzles of the pictures they love as well. Popsicle puzzles can teach children their numbers, colors and much more.
Have a fun crafty day.
These are the steps to make you pospsicle stick puzzle :
1. Print out the image you want
2. Line up the popsicle sticks and secure them in place with masking take
3. Turn them over and cover them with a thick layer of decoupage glue
4. Lay the image on the wet glue and smooth out any air bubbles
5. Paint a layer of modge podge (decoupage glue) over the image to secure it
6. Paint a few more layers of glue allowong each layer to dry
7. Slit the sticks and enjoy
Please send us pictures of your completed popsicle puzzles. We would love to post them on our project wall.
If you enjoyed the pirate puzzles then check out the pirate coloring pages. They are just as much fun.
You may also enjoy making your own printable pirate puzzles from cereal boxes and a bit of decoupage glue.
Have a hearty fun crafty day me maties and remember – Crafting is love in solid form.
Examples of the pirate images for the puzzle include:
And we will soon be making this awesome pirates chest to keep your puzzle pieces safe. So stay tuned and visit us often
• Popsicle sticks – thick ones are better for this project
If you don’t ahve popsicle sticks you local supermarket may sell them. A good deal for popsicle sticks is Loew Cornell Woodsies Craft Sticks and for pre-colored popsicle sticks you could try Chenille Kraft Jumbo-Sized Craft Sticks – Pack of 500 – Assorted Colors
• Modge Podge – decoupage glue – can be purchased from your local craft store. Its best to use a matt finish decoupage glue for this project. We would recommend Mod Podge Original 16-Ounce Glue, Matte Finish which is a non toxic, water based modge which can easily wiped clean and dries to a matt finish.
• A sharp craft knife
• Craft paint for the back of the puzzle to color code it if you have more than one puzzle
• Optional : Various glittering things for decoration (My favourite things – buttons, beads, foil, gold tabs from your milk carton … anything fun and glittery)
• LOTS of pirate puzzle magic
- Lots of pirate puzzle color fun!
Some extra goodies for extra pirate coloring craft fun:
Why not add a bit of pizzaz to your pirate puzzles with some pirate stickers, beads, glitter pens and other glittery stuff
Download your free print and color pirate puzzles here:
Over 50 crafts and templates for just $1.99! The craft pack includes all of the games, crafts, activities, books and other information from the website. Over 50 games, templates, and fun to print any time you need including customizable pirate party stationery, invites and thank you notes. All in one easy download.
Over 50 crafts and templates for just $1.99!
The craft pack includes all of the games, crafts, activities, books and other information from the website. Over 50 games, templates, and fun to print any time you need including customizable pirate party stationery, invites and thank you notes. All in one easy download.
The is in pdf format and ready to download and print. Print any or all of the pages as often as you like. Share them with your friends. Use them for crafts and coloring pages for kids projects.
Let your imagination run free.
And please feel free to give us feedback on the project using the ratings and comments area.
We have a project page. Send us your images of your crafts and we will post them on our pirate puzzle color pages project page.